• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello from Calgary

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I have a small residential metal shop in NW Calgary (Tuscany), mostly as a hobby, but I do some paid work. MIG, TIG, stick, CNC plasma cutting, hydraulic bending, ring and tube rolling, magnetic brake, slip roll, some lathe and small millwork (but am not very good at this stuff as it is too finicky for me). Mostly I focus on small artistic stuff and inventing. (Also a electronics geek-- Arduino, etc).

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Welcome to the forum!

Must be quite the shop to get all that done!

Looking forward to having you around.

JW

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum!

Must be quite the shop to get all that done!

Looking forward to having you around.

JW
:) Thanks. It's a great shop....my wife has me on a 12 Step Program (for tools). I think I could build a battleship if needed....I just have no where to put it.

Cheers.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
:) Thanks. It's a great shop....my wife has me on a 12 Step Program (for tools). I think I could build a battleship if needed....I just have no where to put it.

Cheers.

LOL! Same here ... was going to buy something on an auction today but figured out I have zero space for anything in the garage. Need to buy a house with bigger garage ;)

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
LOL! Same here ... was going to buy something on an auction today but figured out I have zero space for anything in the garage. Need to buy a house with bigger garage ;)
HA Ha.. Just saw this. I believe you mean a bigger garage with a smaller house, right?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yeah, much bigger garage. I am now building a little steel forest to make it appear like I am not having scarp in the backyard. No idea where to put the large band saw I need. Maybe outside in front of the garage.