• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello from Calgary

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Hello, I found the forum a little while ago, but have not been able to post...

I've been doing welding and machining for about 35 years now, but seem to have limited time to work on my own projects these days... The only thing going at the moment is commissioning an 18" bandsaw I picked up a little while ago. It needs a far better base, and a lot of squaring before it will be usable...

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hello, I found the forum a little while ago, but have not been able to post...

I've been doing welding and machining for about 35 years now, but seem to have limited time to work on my own projects these days... The only thing going at the moment is commissioning an 18" bandsaw I picked up a little while ago. It needs a far better base, and a lot of squaring before it will be usable...

Where did you pickup the bandsaw from? Sounds like a great project.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Where did you pickup the bandsaw from? Sounds like a great project.

I got a CX101 from Busy Bee when they first introduced it, but was too busy to put it in my shop. It was in my storage until a couple of months ago. It works very well, but it is not square in any direction, so needs a lot of little tweaks. The variable speed is a godsend!