• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Head stock for Southbend 9"

Rumrat

I have this complete head stock I want to sell but have no idea what it is worth. Seems to be in good condition.
Any thoughts

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well, SB 9, in decent condition is say around 1000 USD or 1300 CAD.

More if its in decent condition and comes with lots of stuff.

If it is rusted, in poor shape etc. it can be just few hundred $.

I don't even know which SB 9 headstock you have - but who exactly would want just a headstock? For parts? Repairing a lathe? Building your own lathe? I say if it is non flat belt model in great shape maybe someone buys it from between $100 to maybe $300. You may have to wait years before you find a buyer - or days if someone on her needs one ;)

Dabbler would be better at this than me, I think.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Who knows the value, there is such a huge spread on the bid and the ask. If in great shape I'd go high, maybe 400 or 500 on chance there is a needy soul that takes the ask. If you don't find that guy, hitting the bid might be a free door stop give away lol

Ebay helps with that challenge and there a tons parted out SB HS parts that have sold there Huge amount of time and hassle though.