• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Has anyone tried making a MPCNC??

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
I did the kit from the Aliexpress store so totally stock.
Fastest I gave run plywood is 6000mm/sec which is plenty fast for me.

ah yea, i ended up piecing it together, i had some stuff, and then i was able to source a few other things cheaper

i have different carriages than the stock, the more common non flanged versions so there has been some changes to suit those, my z axis is also a fair bit different to accommodate the material i had on hand, i will loose about an inch of x travel as a result of it being wider (again to accommodate what i had on hand/salvaged)

but for the most part its pretty close to what the original design was, all the 3d printed parts are from the fusion model, at the moment im just kind of tinkering away on what to do with the limit switches, and what im going to do for a table/bench to put it on

one thing that surprised me was how much i ended up spending on hardware, i did order from ali for all the h/w, but i think it was still over 100$ for all those little cap screw bolts, kind of a surprise, for that i did use the build take off, and so far its been correct

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Yes, there are a lot of cap screws etc. Mine was not to bad because of the smaller foot print.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Nice work David. How capable is your build? Do you have any project pictures?
You bet!
It's very capable. I've done aluminum once just to try it and no problem. I'd had to get a lot more time doing metal before I felt comfortable.