• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tips/Techniques Hand Cleaner Experiments

Tips/Techniques

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Results of not very extensive tests of hand cleaners.

Favorite hand cleaner Gojo Orange

IMG_7495.jpeg
I’ve tried most of the others, worst was Zep Cherry, didn’t clean and left your hands smelling like a kid who had an episode in a candy store. Also mildly concerned about using a hand cleaner that’s not legal in California.

IMG_7496.jpeg

Best cleaner is a combination of Gojo Orange and a single spray of Dawn Platinum spray. Removes grease quickly, minimal smell, and doesn’t leave my hands gritty.

Power user tip: Dawn Platinum spray is exactly the same as Dawn Ultra liquid, just diluted 5:1 with water. So equivalent price of $50/ litre as a spray vs. $3.80/ litre as liquid.

IMG_7494.jpeg
IMG_7497.jpeg

Try Mr clean ultra is my go to. Couple squirts cleans good. Go Jo has the abrasive so works a bit better. Cherry bomb is like you said smells like candy.

I have had very good results with Dawn power wash. In my opinion, the spray feature is at least as important as anything else

We have these hand wipes at the mill here that will take off just about anything, warning on the label says dont touch your face with it. They aren't kidding , a bit burney feeling... will get pics tomorrow

I use Fast Orange, you can get it gritted or none. Some of the hand cleaners work much better if there is no water on your hands to start with. A shot of hand cleaner, work on, over hands, then rinse off with water. Seems to be very true of Fast Orange and some others.

My favorite is Oxi Lemon Sunlight Liquid Dish Soap. I have tried many others over the years and settled on that. We also use it in the kitchen for dishes.

I have always been suspicious of Dawn. Any company that has to drag some poor forlorn oil covered ducks into its marketing has to be hiding something. None-the-less, I (we) tried it and although it works just as well for most types of dirt, there are some where it doesn't do as well as Sunlight and none the other way around.

We even use sunlight as a spot cleaner in the laundry.

I also use Fast Orange with pumice, bought when on sale, at Princess Auto. I am pretty sure the Canadian Tire brand is also made by Fast Orange - the containers look identical.

These are what we use. Just don't eat with your hands until you give em a wash with water, makes food spicy in a bad way.
20240930_103113.jpg

For really greasy hands I find i have to wash twice. First with a pumice/citrus style, then with blue dawn which is my favourite go-to normal wash soap.
I use this combination, but I also use a wash cloth when I scrub with the orange cleaner since it works better than the grit alone and allows me to use less effort scrubbing.

For really greasy hands I find i have to wash twice. First with a pumice/citrus style, then with blue dawn which is my favourite go-to normal wash soap.
Well, if you want to remedy greasy hands, then may I suggest....

Attachments

• 20240930_150458.jpg
    20240930_150458.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 1
Back