• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Grinder Tool Rest

Tom O

Ultra Member
I don’t know it seems to have a rear pivot point that I would think add to deflection / vibration maybe.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
With all those articulations, it makes it very versatile. Seems to be very strong the way it is designed. That is at least 5 or 10 pounds sitting on the rest.

CD686E19-F886-499D-A906-5464E3EB1743.png

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
?were there feeding problems( too fast? too slow?) back pressure too much? not enough horsepower?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Can you share what happened, please.

Did the saw blade get pinched? Too much run-out in the arbour? Too high RPM?

For the most part I think not rigid enough and not slow enough. The saw wouldn't cut, it just got really hot and dulled.

The saw I was attempting to use was rather course which may not have helped either 3" X 1/32" 30T.

Internet consensus seem to be don't even bother trying on a mini.

Last edited: