• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Grinder Metal Dust Collection

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Not impossible given how often I will use it, however, given the grinder is bolted to the stand and they each weight about 40-60 lbs, not super convenient to unbolt and drag them up a flight of stairs every time. Don't really have anywhere to store it except in my workshop.
I was thinking more along keeping it outside, covered of course but, it is a spark making, loud, occasionally heavily used piece of equipment sitting outside under a deck or something wont hurt it, both my neighbours and myself have grinders on pedestals in our back yards.

AlexJk

I would not risk working without a collector, as the dust can cause severe lung problems... My mate had some health issues after years of working and after that, I decided that a machine is really worth the price. If you decide to buy a collector, there are websites with really useful blog posts, including their best dust collector guidelines, prices, advantages/disadvantages. This helped me to choose mine. Now I am a happy owner of a Jet DC-1100-CK cyclone.