• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Grade B gauge block set $30 Toronto

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I wont get near Eglinton and Laird for all the money in the world. The LRT construction nightmare is still ongoing.

But maybe @Mcgyver needs another set at this price

d8d18f33-c393-4299-a0d2-c81a13990170

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
I've got lots thanks. The diasaster that was once Toronto is marginally better around that area....bayview is, after years, four lanes again at Eglinton

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Gauge blocks: $30
Time in Toronto Traffic: $300
Round trip commute for work: 320km
Staying home and not going anywhere: Priceless

I've offered people in Toronto a premium to mail them to me to avoid the mess endless population growth has created. When I was kid, you could get anywhere, from where those blocks are to Oakville say, in twenty minutes. Now there are traffic jams on the 401 on a Sunday morning! What was a great place has been ruined imo. Endless immigration increasing the population creates a new condo on every corner and the whole thing is now so overloaded its dysfunctional. Even if I wanted them, I'd the offer the guy 50 + postage rather waste the time driving, sitting in the car and occasionally inching forward.

Sorry to sound so crusty, but thats how I feel about what this place has become.

Last edited:

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Gauge blocks: $30
Time in Toronto Traffic: $300
Round trip commute for work: 320km
Staying home and not going anywhere: Priceless

I've offered people in Toronto a premium to mail them to me to avoid the mess endless population growth has created. When I was kid, you could get anywhere, from where those blocks are to Oakville say, in twenty minutes. Now there are traffic jams on the 401 on a Sunday morning! What was a great place has been ruined imo. Endless immigration increasing the population creates a new condo on every corner and the whole thing is now so overloaded its dysfunctional. Even if I wanted them, I'd the offer the guy 50 + postage rather waste the time driving, sitting in the car and occasionally inching forward.

Sorry to sound so crusty, but thats how I feel about what this place has become.
I'm right with you on the hellhole Toronto has become.

They've bungled transit and trffic planning so badly that it is impossible to function efficiently. No wonder workers dont want to return to downtown offices.

I've been planning my escape for years. I hope I live to get out

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
It seems every new neighbour we get out my way is a Toronto escapee. They can sell their Toronto Garage, and buy waterfront property here for less. With work at home changes, anything is possible.