• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Got 1, but 2 more got away

Elektrishun

Ultra Member
You know how it goes with buying used stuff, if you're not first you're last.

Same seller for all 3 items:

- Fluke bench top meter 8845A for $50 - MISSED

-
Raspberry Pi Model B, Arduino Uno, a couple other microcontrollers, and cables for $30 - MISSED

-
GW Instek GPS-2303 for $50 - SCORE!

IMG_20261008_232821.jpg


First 2 were gone within an hour of advertising. Surprised the power supply was still available.

The "new to me" power supply is a big step up from the one I built a few years back.
 
Last edited:
The "new to me" power supply is a big step up from the one I built a few years back.

Feeling the pain and the joy for you! I'm half inclined to say YOU SUCK!

I have built and rebuilt a half dozen power supplies over the years. None as nice as that one. My best supply is a +/- 0-50 amp 0-50 volt unit I designed and built for myself shortly after the LM317 voltage regulator on a chip in a TO-3 can arrived. It's a nice machine, but if I had it to do over again, I would have saved my coin and bought a smaller better one during the hey day of e-bay auctions. I did get a few nice small ones but nothing as nice as yours.

Same goes for a few other e-toys I should have scooped. On the flip side I did score some really nice oscilloscopes that I love.
 
I have almost the same GW supply (GPC-3030), the differences being analog meters and an additional fixed +5V. It's been just fine on the bench next to the HP 6024A. That Fluke would have been a nice catch.
 
I have almost the same GW supply (GPC-3030), the differences being analog meters and an additional fixed +5V. It's been just fine on the bench next to the HP 6024A. That Fluke would have been a nice catch.
When I contacted him he said someone else was already on the way but would let me know if they didn't show up. Minutes later it was posted as SOLD. Damn.
 
Back
Top