• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Gold-plated RF-30 discovered in Ontario!?!?

I'll be a foolish optimist and assume it's neighbours or friends bidding high to help out a friend in need at an estate sale.
At least, that's what I tell my wife when I lose my grip at an auction sale.
"But the kids were wearing rags and starving!"

It says price realized was 3400 CAD. Must be money laundering.

About a week ago I got my RF-30 without table mind you, for 340 in Alberta. Maybe finally prices in AB are lower then in ON?

New unit is 2200 plus tax in AB.

I just build a table for the RF30 - well I just painted it few hours ago with a single coat. Few more coats and it will be done. The table is "heavy duty" and I burned way too many electrodes making it (well over 100).

I am planning to CNC the machine.

Part of the reason it was so cheap is that it is a 1980s model with MT3 spindle and non original motor - motor is from a drill press. So some work will be needed. MT3 spindle is actually not a big deal at all - it is far more popular for these machines in Europe then R8 & China has plenty of stuff for it - heck I have MT3 collet holder for my lathe.

I just build a table for the RF30 - well I just painted it few hours ago with a single coat. Few more coats and it will be done. The table is "heavy duty" and I burned way too many electrodes making it (well over 100).

I am planning to CNC the machine.

Part of the reason it was so cheap is that it is a 1980s model with MT3 spindle and non original motor - motor is from a drill press. So some work will be needed. MT3 spindle is actually not a big deal at all - it is far more popular for these machines in Europe then R8 & China has plenty of stuff for it - heck I have MT3 collet holder for my lathe.

ok.... now you have to post an image of the table you made:D Aren't the dovetails on those things kind of complex? Did it have the saddle?

Last edited:
Back