• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

German Tool Review Channel

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Who would have thought LOL. I stumbled on this Youtube channel when I was mulling over certain names like Wiha, Wera Knipex... screwdrivers, hex wrenches, mini nut drivers & sockets. He goes into OCD detail on a few fronts but you will at least get to see the tools up close. I've learned a few things, sometimes a better appreciation of what they are about (and why they can sometimes cost a lot). And also some tools that are just a bit too over the top but I guess like mst things depends if you use them every day for a living or not.

I've also noticed on Ebay/Ali lots of 'lookalikes' originating from Asian copycat land that are trying to mimic the euro tool 'visuals' with very similar colors, look & sometimes offshoots of their names. But (shockingly) lack in key areas where it counts. He has started to show some of those.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaI2HaxNXooWo7BoDEA9xSw

Last edited:

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
When I first found out about them I bought two sizes of the adjustable pliers and as a afterthought, the Cobra waterpump pliers. I love the adjustable pliers........but I use those Cobras for everything. I haven't touched my Chanellocks in years.

So nice when you find a tool that's indispensable.