• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Garden Fencing

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
We needed some more robust fencing as our Portuguese Water Dog loves to attack all things green. At the same time we needed some barriers to keep the skunks and bunnies from getting under the deck—so might as well make everything match. I still have some buffing to do on the copper inlays, but waiting on this as I may use a patina solution to speed up the oxidization, so there's no need to buff if I do this. Still deciding....

Structure is 3/4" steel tube and mesh is 10 gauge 3" steel. Everything was powdercoated black. The top ends are plastic capped for safety, but bottoms are open to facilitate placement in the ground.

Copper inlays are 22 gauge. The lineart is just a stylistic representation of the trellis behind it. A bunch of the smaller barriers w/o inlays will be used throughout the yard.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

5a.jpg

8.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Wow I think that should ATTRACT skunks and bunnies, at least it would if they had any idea of what fine work and art is. I love the copper.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Nice metalwork PT. You're waiting on booster cables to hook up to those copper conductor pads? LoL
I love working with copper, but actually prefer it once it gets old and develops its patina. I want to get out there with the ammonia and Miracle Grow, but sadly my wife likes the polished copper. Oh well.