G3617 milling machine - Calgary

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I agree. Wishing you good luck!

Is that a horizontal milling spindle in the back of the column? Does it require a tailstock of some kind? What is that all about anyway?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Hmm, price is next to free - but listed a week ago?
And joined Facebook ... well ... last year, but still - that was yesterday ;)
Only review is "Scam! Will ask you to send deposit! Don’t do it! Ask me how I know."

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
$1800

363549403_6968478106554357_4146055202552522569_n.jpg

Gearhead88

Super User
I saw this listing yesterday on FB .... It seemed too good to be true .

An offer of a ``hand delivered`` deposit usually exposes the scam.

I just looked on the Grizzly website , this is an older model and is no longer being sold , there are similar machines they sell now.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
A reverse search on the photo didn't turn up any exact matches.

farmer888

Yeah I've noticed quite a few of these scam deals on marketplace recently. I replied to the mill to when it was posted in Ontario. And a precision Mathews 12x36 lathe.. He seemed to want a deposit etc etc and It would be sold before I got there. I almost sent $50 but gut feeling told me it was a scam.
Same thing there was a Colchester lathe for $3k I think in Hamilton. Then it was $1900 in Quebec now its listed in Toronto.

Never worth sending money before even looking at something.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Not available anymore. The likelyhood of a Grizzly G3617 being up here is really low. It would have been the House of Tools Version that someone bought here in Canada. When House of Tools was bought out by KMS I think the G3616 and 17 from Grizzly were also discontinued at about the same time. I do wish I'd bought the larger model with the horizontal spindle but the table was so much longer as well as the upper horizontal section. I didn't have room then and still wouldn't.

Jswain

Joe
I reported him as a scammer a few days ago. Their messages are all pretty much identical between the few scammers I've messaged in the last few weeks so I'm assuming it's the same person or same group of people

Jswain

Joe
I reported the vendor to Facebook after a couple of pm exchanges. Next day, after investigating, they gave the vendor a thumbs up. Ridiculous.
I was kind of hopeful for Facebook marketplace, because Ive never used it and it seemed like a lot more equipment was posted on it. Only to find out 75% of them are scams lol

My experience with Kijiji is much better

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I think it depends market to market. I have never encountered a scam dealing on machinery here but I have seen reports of scams locally when dealing with household items.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I like the mill I have (G3616 equiv). Fitted with a very quiet AC Servo the only real complaint so far is the play between the splines and the cone drive disk. The 4 step pulley sits on that. I don't want to lose the manual quill feed but the rattling from that mechanism drives me nuts. I'd almost like to make some sort of drive clamp that makes the connection between the spindle spline and the drive solid.

edit: What I want to say these machines are pretty good and can be made really good.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I reported the vendor to Facebook after a couple of pm exchanges. Next day, after investigating, they gave the vendor a thumbs up. Ridiculous.

Never had that happen here John. We get lots of scams. I report them and they are gone the next day only to show up a few days later with the same photos, a different story and a different location in the same general area.