• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

From BC

Downwindtracker2

When I first posted on the web, it was on a hunting forum . Most posters used names like 300Magnum, so being contrary, I posted as Downwindtracker2. I take it to mean a man of foolish pursuits, in fact I used "You can hunt longer with the wind at your back" as my signature line. I thought the name was clever, but I can't take any credit for it, Paul St. Pierre ,a BC author, used it in his columns in the Vancouver Sun in the '60s, so the 2.

I've always liked woodworking, but the quality new Canadian made machines were beyond my means, so I bought used ones. But they require fixing, no problem, I'm a retired millwright. Parts can be a problem though, so this led to a Delta Toolmaker surface grinder, a BusyBee ( DF1224g metal lathe and an Advance (Rong Fu) RF-45 mill/drill. Frustration with BusyBee (Rong Fu) 4x6 bandsaw led me to a Peerless Machine and Tool power hacksaw. Along the way, I also ended up with a 6" shop built shaper as well. Again either used or very used, you can see where all this leads. I had a Miller 250x Mig and I just bought a Magnum ( Hugong, think Esab186i ) Wave 200KD Tig stick. What a rabbit hole I've fallen into.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
LOL. My shop/garage is so packed I have to turn sideways to walk around. After a big meal I can't get through ;)