• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Found my grandfathers old forge

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
While cleaning up a mess the scrap guys left last year i came across the base of the forge my grandfather had in the old shop. No legs on it anymore, i think i have the blower someplace. I think it is going to a new home, a friend of mine knows a young lad that's into forging and wants to do it old school. I have given this guy some other old stuff, a post drill and a worn out leg vise.
It's nice to see somebody putting these old tools to use, a larger auction last year had a number of forges and drill post drills that got only minimum bids.