• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Found: in the FIL's tools

KootzDragon

no problems... just challenges
Never seen shifting spanners with a handle like this
The small one, cant see any marks as to its make/origin...it is well worn in the jaws...this tool was obviously trusted upon many times
The large one has seen minimal use, and has markings of Buffalo NY USA 8 Inch No 78 Westcott E Keystone Mfg...
Right now they have a place of honour, hanging up in front of the morning view window of the shed.
Cheers fellas8552.jpg

8551.jpg
 
Nice wrenches!
Could have used one of those the other day removing the magneto on a 2-cylinder John Deere.

I think Deere likes high angle adjustable wrenches. I need one like that to relieve the belt tension on my Deere Mower deck too. I may make one if I can't find something.

Edit - just found this: I ordered the 11" version.

 
Last edited:
I think Deere likes high angle adjustable wrenches. I need one like that to relieve the belt tension on my Deere Mower deck too. I may make one if I can't find something.

Edit - just found this: I ordered the 11" version.

I have an ancient version of that wrench hanging in my barn. I bought it years ago from a pawn shop. The only time I ever used it was on fuel fittings inside Boeing 737 fuel tanks. We called this sort of wrench a "Ford wrench".
 
I have an ancient version of that wrench hanging in my barn. I bought it years ago from a pawn shop. The only time I ever used it was on fuel fittings inside Boeing 737 fuel tanks. We called this sort of wrench a "Ford wrench".

I think I'll call mine a Boeing Wrench........
 
Back
Top