• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Forum upgraded & some bug fixes - Oct 23/2021

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi
Josh was up all night fixing the new user confirmation email problem. He also upgraded the forum software and other backend tasks. The appearance is now upgraded and it looks like there are some new features. Thanks @Jwest7788 Josh! We think new users may not have been able to register for about a month - sorry about that to any new users. Email notifications for posts etc may not be working yet.

Just a reminder this is an all volunteer forum and we do our best to keep the forum working. If you'd like to support us further donating monthly to the forum (link up top) would be most welcome. There are real costs for the forum software and server traffic we have to pay to keep it going. Donating $5/month to be a premium member would be very helpful.

Thanks everyone.
John Josh and Alex

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
As a guy who has done that stuff for other forums and websites, I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYTHING YOU GUYS DO.

EVEN when it doesn't work!

If you lived closer, I might give you all a huge bear hug! Then again, that might be a disincentive.......

So how about THANK YOU!

I'll happily contribute premium membership for as long as I can.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hi
Josh was up all night fixing the new user confirmation email problem. He also upgraded the forum software and other backend tasks. The appearance is now upgraded and it looks like there are some new features. Thanks @Jwest7788 Josh! We think new users may not have been able to register for about a month - sorry about that to any new users. Email notifications for posts etc may not be working yet.

Just a reminder this is an all volunteer forum and we do our best to keep the forum working. If you'd like to support us further donating monthly to the forum (link up top) would be most welcome. There are real costs for the forum software and server traffic we have to pay to keep it going. Donating $5/month to be a premium member would be very helpful.

Thanks everyone.
John Josh and Alex

Fully support @Janger request as it pertains to this being a volunteer forum. Come on folks applying for a Premium Membership is peanuts compare to having a forum commercialized then riddled with advertising. Most of us have had a belly full of mucking through that kind of situation. For just $5:00 a month ($60 yearly) where else can you obtain so much information while having so much fun meeting good friends. Just saying!

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Hi

Thanks everyone.
John Josh and Alex
Thanks John, Josh & Alex for this and all the work you do. I really appreciate it.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Thx team....

The site is working for me on the PC, but Tapatalk is throwing errors when trying to view threads. Anyone experiencing issues with Tapatalk?

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the hard work, IT team. I could never do it.

Edit: the “Preview” button seems to be missing. Maybe intentional?

I found it very handy as I could see if the pictures “auto rotated” during the upload and fix them before posting.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thx team....

The site is working for me on the PC, but Tapatalk is throwing errors when trying to view threads. Anyone experiencing issues with Tapatalk?
Sorry @kevin.decelles, I gave up trying to use tapatalk with forums a long time ago. I just use the standard google browser on my phone. Most things work fine that way.

Try deleting Tapatalk and then viewing the forum on your browser. You can always re-install tapatalk later if you decide you need it.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hi @Janger, Further to my note above, I noticed that profile icon has changed to a smaller version of my avatar in the list of my threads.

Seems like a new forum feature that is misbehaving.

I'd put this on the list of issues that need to be resolved, but I wouldn't give it any priority.

Screenshot_20211023-210504_Chrome.jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Grudgingly, I’m using the browser to view the content from you fine gentlemen.

Let's get one thing straight right away! I'm no gentleman!

I think Tapatalk was a great idea in its time. But as forums grow and become more complex, it's almost impossible for them to keep up. Besides, most forums are cell phone compatible now so Tapatalk isn't really necessary anymore.

John Conroy

Premium Member
My user notifications have finally started working again so Josh's upgrade was positive for me. I too gave up on Tapatalk and just use Chrome. Thanks for all the hard work Josh, it is appreciated