• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

For someone with a bit of time in Calgary...

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Anyone recognize what make and model this mill might be? Would 8 X 30 mean the table size?

Johnwa

Ultra Member
From the first picture it looks like maybe an rf30 style. Certainly it is a round column mill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I talked with the gentleman offering this up. Apparently it tipped over at some point and some portion of it is cracked... I didn't want to drive down from Edmonton and take a chance on it - so I pass this on to someone a bit closer.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1497699202

Hope it works out for someone.

Tim

p.s. he said he had $500 in it before he pulled it apart
I think I would be very afraid of machine unless I got it for almost free....but that's just me and I don't know much about milling machines.

John Conroy

Premium Member
Yeah the table is 8 X 30. It's a Rong Fu type round column machine but based on the pictures it looks pretty rough.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
It similar to the one that was for sale up in Lloydminster that [mention]YYCHobbyMachinist [/mention] was looking at.
Depending on what was cracked it likely could be resurrected, but would definitely take some time.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
It similar to the one that was for sale up in Lloydminster that [mention]YYCHobbyMachinist [/mention] was looking at.

We never did figure out what size that one actually was. The guy in Lloyd never responded.

Craig

Johnwa

Ultra Member
The style is the same. You can tell by the shape of the belt guards. At least on this one you know the table size.

Rong Fu was made in Taiwan and were pretty good given the design. There are lots of Chinese clones of varying quality.

Agreed - I'm thinking an RF30 clone. There is actually a youtube flick someone did restoring a RF-30 that the guy got for free - it actually looked ok once the guy was done. If it wasn't 6 hours of driving I would haul it away for $200 - I've wasted more on less :)

Tim

to be honest I didn't quite make it out. As he was describing that part to me - dog chaos broke out in the room I was calling from and I missed what he was saying AND what he said when I asked him to repeat it... Sorry.

Tim

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
to be honest I didn't quite make it out. As he was describing that part to me - dog chaos broke out in the room I was calling from and I missed what he was saying AND what he said when I asked him to repeat it... Sorry.

Tim

Got a phone number? I don't see one in the ad.

Craig

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Personally, I would want some one very familiar with an RF30 along with me when looking that box of parts over and can recognize stuff for what it is and sort of put a re-build in focus for me. If it is missing some small obscure unattainable part, it might just be what it looks like...a $50 auction box of used parts.

Smi_tty

I’m pretty sure this is the one i bought for 300, and have about a million hours into restoring lol.

it was ready for the scrapyard. The base was snapped and the unit had been dropped on its side in the past.
This all being said, this will work just fine for the type of parts I will be machining.

Attachments

• 401AA9DC-1A31-4B2F-B763-495A55056141.jpeg
    401AA9DC-1A31-4B2F-B763-495A55056141.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Smi_tty

I took a chance on it, and so far I can’t complain. It works great, and I can finally machine my own parts...something I have been wanting to do for years (but didn’t have the funds for).

Any of you experienced With these machines would have walked away after seeing the condition of it - but I told myself “this is your chance man...get it”.