• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

First milling machine model #LC-1 1/2VS, $5500, West Montrose, ON

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
3475584d-10ae-4a02-b79c-608fdda38f1f

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Could swear I've seen this shop and maybe even this machine before......

Rauce

Ultra Member
Could swear I've seen this shop and maybe even this machine before......
That seller has had at least 4 different mills for sale in the last few months. A couple were Bridgeport’s and some other brands of clones (Forward and Darbert maybe?) they all looked good in the photos and prices seem to be consistently reasonable (not a deal but not a ripoff) if they’re in as good a condition as they look.

trlvn

Ultra Member
We've had several threads about this seller in the last couple of years:

Asked $3,850

4 machines offered, asked $4,250, $5,000, $3,850 and $4,500

Asked $5,250

Asked $3,850

AFAICT, none of our members has ever visited and posted about what they found. The seller obviously deals in metalworking machines on a semi-regular basis. I'd like to know if he just cleans the machines and flips them or if he refurbishes/repairs/restores the mechanical functions as well.

BTW, I drove past West Montrose on the weekend. It is tiny hamlet, with a historic covered bridge, near St. Jacobs and Elmira. I didn't know about the machine for sale at that point. And I wouldn't be very good at evaluating a Bridgeport-type mill anyway.

Craig
(All the referenced threads contain "Montrose". I didn't like to the lathes that were offered.)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
We've had several threads about this seller in the last couple of years:

If he sells so often, it would be nice if a knowledgeable member could check him out. It would give the rest of the members (especially new hobbiests) more (or less) comfort buying from him.

If all he is doing is clean and paint, I'd prolly stay away from him. On the other hand a thorough checkup and list of deficiencies and needed repairs would be worth paying for.