• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

First Milling machine and MK Enterprise Lathe Auction Calgary, AB

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
45890505_1.jpg

45890131_1.jpg

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Lots of other nice things in later pages - the 3ton arbor press will be a nice find for someone, and a heavy duty 3d printer.
All much too far away for me to take advantage of.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
The mill is a very nice one with the extended knee.

The smart washer - lot 1306 is perfect for someone with a larger shop. It uses an alkali solution to clean and degrease. I think that will go well under 1/3 new.

The mill is a very nice one with the extended knee.

The smart washer - lot 1306 is perfect for someone with a larger shop. It uses an alkali solution to clean and degrease. I think that will go well under 1/3 new.

Smartwasher Fluid is $50-$100/gallon retail?

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Here's a couple of the ones I've looked at in the past: there will be similar products available from janitorial supply places in 1 gal increments, usually for a 5:1 or 50:1 dilution factor:

Urnex Five Star PBW (caustic)
CP industries foaming alkaline cleaner
Cp insustries Starbright alkaline degreaser

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Well that sucks...... the mill closed at $2300 and then states Winning Bid Undisclosed???
What's that supposed to mean?

Looks like the lathe went for $1600

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Oh they just show the winning price IF you watched it. So if you seen it close for 1600 then it went for 1600. The mill also if you seen 2300 then it went for 2300. So quite cheap!
I am too busy right now to get these but at these prices in AB it was a steal!
I mean with fees that mill was like well under 3000 CAD - and it was worth well over 5000

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
If you are logged in it shows “Bidding Has Concluded”. The auctioneer decided that the hammer price is not to be revealed.