ExCello power knee info

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Where was this picture taken?
Edmonton. Griesbach military base I believe. Back in about 1975? The 510 had shorter/stiffer springs with the pivot arms slotted to fix the camber issue. Stiffer sway bar in the front and a new sway bar for the rear. A 2" exhaust system with Corvair muffler and nothing done on the engine. The fibreglass fender parts came from California from I think the same place that did Paul Newman's Datsun. We belonged to both the Edmonton Light Car Club (rally driving) and I forget the name of the Autoslalom club. We'd also go down to Calgary for Slaloms at that old airport runway on the north end.

And as usual I've hijacked yet another thread. Sorry.

Hehehehe I have the rapids on my router set to 9000mm/min or about 350 IPM :D
Ha Ha I have a friend that's pushing 600lbs at 600IPM and a potential supplier that has a machine doing 1000IPM who machine AR500.

The sad part is these machine are in excess of a million dollars.

Forgot to mention the owner of the 600IPM machine is always looking for the loads to break off when it kicks it to full speed.

Rauce

Ultra Member
I used a Ex-Cell-O #602 knee mill for years in the 1990s.
Last year, I met a fellow who has done dozen of rebuilds of these mills.
His business focuses on the #602 mills.
He may have some direction for you.

PRESTON REBUILT MACHINERY
Roy Weidinger - Cambridge, Ontario
P. 519-621-4258

I tried contacting them about my rebuild project some months ago with no luck, email and phone…

This was about my lathe though. I also have a 602 that could use some work that I’m not equipped to do… I wonder how much they would charge.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Roy is pretty busy.
His main work is with Ex-Cell-O #602 vertical knee mills.
Try his ‘cell’ . . . 519-240-4676