• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Excello Milling Machine CA$1,200 Ottawa, ON

Hi Len, American version, as in made there or made here for export there? Mine says XLO but generally styling seems newer than the one above, boxier. I don't think I've seen one like above, all I've seen look like mine below. Is the one above an earlier model?

View attachment 50064
I am going to guess that the unit in the Facebook ad is a 1980s American model.
Like I said, the Canadian models had heavier castings and ‘Ex-Cell-O’ cast in the headstock face.

I am going to guess that the unit in the Facebook ad is a 1980s American model.
Like I said, the Canadian models had heavier castings and ‘Ex-Cell-O’ cast in the headstock face.

Hey Len, is the ram attachment bolt circle on the base section of the Excello Mills the same as a Bridgeport?

I could not know for sure.
@Rauce or one of the other guys may know.

I had a few years of making Boring Bars and Carbide Cartridges at Ex-Cell-O, but, not many Knee Mill components.

I had a few years of making Boring Bars and Carbide Cartridges at Ex-Cell-O, but, not many Knee Mill components.

Thanks Len. We may find out as time passes in this thread. I'm going to go measure my bolt circle right now and add it to the list.

The turret bolts on my Hartford Bridgeport Clone are:

Front to back - 6.75 inches ctr to ctr.
Side to side is approx 9.5 inches (could be +/- 0.25 inches)

All these measurements were hard to obtain in the fully assembled condition.

I had a few years of making Boring Bars and Carbide Cartridges at Ex-Cell-O, but, not many Knee Mill components
I still have the casting for the ram attachment (not sure why I kept it really, it’s just rusting away in my backyard). I can measure it but I’m fairly confidant that it’s not the same as a Bridgeport. The excello is really its own design in pretty much every way.

Back