Excello 602 parts machine - Hamilton, ON

Rauce

Ultra Member
I’m selling selling my excello since I picked up the “free” first mill and I only have space for one machine. Located in Hamilton, ON

It’s functional but the Y and Z ways are very worn. You can see in the second picture just how bad the Y axis ways are. With the shimmed gib snugged up there’s only about 4” of travel. Those issues aside it does run and you can still do decent work on it.

I’ve put it on kijiji for $800 and if no one takes it complete I’ll part it out.

Motor was rewound and bearings replaced in 2020. 230v 3ph.

Spindle (R8) is in great shape. Head is pretty good, could maybe use a new belt since it loses belt tension at the very top end of the speed range. The fine feed binds sometimes, probably an easy fix but you can’t get in there without taking the head off.

I replaced the lead screws and nuts when I got it, so those are in excellent shape.

I know there are a couple Excello 602 owners here, so let me know if there’s anything you’re interested in if it gets parted out.

Attachments

• 7CE2B5B0-1793-40DA-A1F3-D6F0A857E200.jpeg
    7CE2B5B0-1793-40DA-A1F3-D6F0A857E200.jpeg
    758.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 692BE5B7-6561-46A4-9E98-B65AAA2F4F62.jpeg
    692BE5B7-6561-46A4-9E98-B65AAA2F4F62.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Very tempting. Very bad timing.

If you do end up parting it out, I might be interested in the Motor, or the entire head itself.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Dan asked about the motor first - but if he doesn’t want it, then id be very interested since id like to change out my 2Hp 220v single ph to a 3ph and vfd on my RF45 clone.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Good on you Dan. Hope it works out for you. Rauce told me earlier (in a PM) that you were getting it and also that it likely wouldn’t fit my machine - but appreciate you letting me know.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
The Excello motors are a special frame too. Bigger face than most

The one from Rauce on the left, and my original 600v on the right
excello motors.jpg

And the carcass already picked clean of the things I need from it for now.
excello head.jpg

Stopped at home depot on the way home to spend some of the kids inheritance on wire and things, so I should be able to get it all wired up and running tomorrow. Thanks Rauce, it was nice to meet you.

Rauce

Ultra Member
For any other 602 owners out there. I’m holding onto a number of small parts. Handwheels, dials, leadscrews (new as of 2020), leadscrew nuts/carrier (also new as of 2020), worms for tilting/nodding the head and other misc. bits that made sense to keep for others.

I also decided to keep the ram. I had a thought that it would make a good column for a small CNC mill project one day. Hopefully that project happens and doesn’t just sit in my shop for the next decade haha.

The column, knee and saddle will be going to the big machine shop in the sky.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’d put them on marketplace and kijiji you never know what people are looking for or can repurpose. Who knows a flipper would probably be interested in it.

Rauce

Ultra Member
I’d put them on marketplace and kijiji you never know what people are looking for or can repurpose. Who knows a flipper would probably be interested in it.
I had the same thought, I had the full machine posted for a over a week on kijiji and no contact at all…

At least with the small parts I can open it up to anywhere since they can be shipped cheaply enough.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Really glad I grabbed the whole head now. Figured out the source of the rattle on mine was a worn out Vari speed sheave bushing. Ended up just swapping the whole upper gearbox/vs casting instead of the motor. I can confirm that while they are different, they do interchange.
excello.jpg

I'll get it wired up some night this week as I needed to move a bunch of stuff to run the circuit how I want and didn't feel like doing it tonight. The hard part is done anyway. I guess I'll finally have to clean up around it now.

Really glad I grabbed the whole head now. Figured out the source of the rattle on mine was a worn out Vari speed sheave bushing. Ended up just swapping the whole upper gearbox/vs casting instead of the motor. I can confirm that while they are different, they do interchange.
View attachment 37280

I'll get it wired up some night this week as I needed to move a bunch of stuff to run the circuit how I want and didn't feel like doing it tonight. The hard part is done anyway. I guess I'll finally have to clean up around it now.
I still see floor...... Looks pretty tidy to me. :rolleyes: