• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Evolution Dry Cut Saw - $333

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yup that's a good deal. The same brand name blades they have also look reasonably priced but I have no idea of their quality.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
I picked up one of these…… wow…. Well built, well packaged and cuts sweeeeeet! I’m officially retiring my abrasive saw. Never again.

Dry cut's are just in an entirely different league :)

Just be careful on use, need slow steady pressure so you don't break teeth. And don't try to cut rusty or hardened materials with it...I still use the abrasive saw for things like rebar or if I had to cut stainless or tool steel or something I'd use abrasive (haven't had to yet).

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I picked up one of these…… wow…. Well built, well packaged and cuts sweeeeeet! I’m officially retiring my abrasive saw. Never again.
I've got a dry cut saw also but keep the old abrasive saw for thin material which it is much better on

torx10

I've been using fine tooth carbide blades on aluminum since the early 80's. First on a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw, and currently on a Dewalt 10" compound miter saw. Just clamp down the material, or hold it very firmly. And go slow!

But don't try this on steel! Thin aluminum only, up to about 1/4" maximum.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’ve never had a problem with mine although it does blow chunks out the back (cuttings )
so it is a good idea to build a trap for it.
I see they even take payments starting at $66.