• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Everlast all in one

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I am thinking about replacing my Miller Syncrowave180 sd and chinese plasma cutter with this

Just a space thing. I also have a Miller 180 Mig with spool gun so the larger aluminum is covered. My tig skills are not only poor but slow so the Mig gun is best for the larger projects I have done.

I know some members here have Everlast equipment and my impression is that it is decent. Anyone have any more input? Are the specs fairly accurate? It says this machine can cut at 40 amps at 100% duty cycle. My chinese Plasma has been great the few times I have used it. I would like to get one unit that does stick and ACDC Tig but this one came up so figured I would look for input.

Shawno

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
No experience at all. But looking to learn from yours. Please keep us posted!

Safarir

(Charles)
I don't have experience with this particular machine but I have some with Everlast. I use to have an Everlast PowerMTS 251Si, which is Mig/Tig (DC)/And stick, for about 3 years. It was an awesome machine, I only have good think to say about it.

However, I rarely used the Mig functionality and really wanted to try aluminum TIG welding so I sold it and just recently purchased an PowerTIG 210EXT and watercooler. We will see in a couple of years how this machine compare to the mig.

Scattered Parts

Mike
Premium Member
That looks like an interesting unit. But……why is only Everlast making these combined welder/plasma cutter all in one units and not the other big names like Miller, Lincoln or ESAB? While Everlast welders have a generally good but not excellent reputation, a quick search of real world users shows a high level of dissatisfaction with these units. Now of course there are haters of each manufacturer but what i have seen most about Everlast is there poor warranty service. Since you are happy with your current plasma cutter, I would steer clear of this unit and buy something without a plasma cutter. I use an ESAB 205ic. It is a wonderful unit but quite expensive now compared to when I purchased mine. I purchased it because i wanted to TIG weld aluminum. Still waiting to do that though. Needs versus wants and wants won. Buying today I would most likely look at either a Miller or Lincoln unit. Mostly because there are local welding shops familiar with these units.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I have Everlast for about 5 years now plus. Their warranty used to be 5 years but now is just 3. So far no issues. Price for this unit is excellent. I am a bit worried that quality may have gone down since their first units. Or they are doing some price magic. My 200 amp Tig / Stick AC/DC (so aluminum capable) welder cost 1500 but that was whopping 6 or so years ago. For a stronger machine plus plasma that usually costs in 60 amp version from cheap Chinese 400+ to cost only less then 700 more then mine after 6 years is a great deal unless they went down with quality.

If you are happy with plasma cutter I would not get rid of it. There are few all around everything in them machines out there - TIG / Stick / Mig / Plasma - at least as far as I remember. Problem is you have a complex machine that has all eggs in one basket - something PROs hate.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I agree with the all the eggs in one basket from Tom mine are all separate but pulse would be nice. What will you be doing with it using it as a stationary machine or something to pack around to different locations? I do wonder about these compact units I went the other way bigger, heavier, you know “ try to walk off with this you Bas*ard “

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I have a multi-process machine (Longevity WeldAll256pi) bought in 2008. I like it, hasn't failed me yet, specs were to be believed. This was a bit before the Everlast brand getting its legs, and if I were in the market again I wouldn't hesitate to get an Everlast based on members that I know who have them and like them. The value/$ factor is high in these machines. Based on recent marketing, I see Everlast over Longevity by 100:1.

That said, I also have additional standalone machines (Millermatic 211) and Lincoln Tombstone AC225 that I use in tandem to prevent switching of cables etc. . I'm also looking at upgrading to a standalone TIG machine (probably Everlast!)

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Great input everyone. Thank you.

I am contemplating trying to free up floor space and the big Miller 180 takes up a fair amount, and sits beside the Lincoln cart, and then beside the (empty) Hobart cart....:rolleyes: I don't need to combine the plasma at all with a welding machine but since Everlast combines that function with so many in their lineup, I thought it might be a good justification. But I am in the "don't put eggs in the same basket" camp as well so maybe will watch for a Tig/stick unit only. It would be nice to stack the Mig and Tig units into one nice cart. I think some members here have nice jobs on that.

I will look into the Everlast lineup for the welder only units and maybe go in that direction.

I will report back.

(Sorry @Susquatch not much for you yet ...;) )

Thanks
Cheers,

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Looking a little deeper into the Everlast line, if I wanted to keep the Plasma, (which tucks away nicely under my cutting table) this product looks interesting

LRSbm146

I don’t know if this got mentioned but a big thing to consider with all of the different machines and processes is the consumables... cost and availability.
It’s always nice to be able to pick up a part on a Saturday.... even if it costs too much

Six O Two

(Marco)
Just chiming in to add - I have an older Everlast PowerPro256 with tig, stick and plasma, and it's easily lasted through my hobbyist abuse through the years. The stick stinger was kinda junky, but that's a cheap fix. I'd buy another Everlast machine. I'm actually thinking about it pretty seriously to upgrade my cheap mastercraft mig machine that keeps tripping the breaker in my shop...

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I pulled the trigger on the Everlast (post #9)

I guess I will be using the new welder lots in the next 30 days cause if there are any problems in the first 30 days, they pay shipping both ways. After that, the customer does. That is not so great but not enough of a deterrent.

:eek:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I pulled the trigger on the Everlast (post #9)

I guess I will be using the new welder lots in the next 30 days cause if there are any problems in the first 30 days, they pay shipping both ways. After that, the customer does. That is not so great but not enough of a deterrent.

:eek:

If you don't have issues in the first 30 days you should be good for next few years. Until some electronics die - depending on use it can be 5 years or 10 years. But I doubt my Everlast will last more then 15. Even not being used a lot and just sitting.

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Received the new Everlast yesterday. It was ordered on Thursday afternoon. Granted, shipping was my cost at $95 so I guess I paid for great delivery! :)

I have not fired it up yet but so far, it looks good. I wanted to go get some tungsten and collets and opened the box to see what size they sent me. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Tig cable wrapped in a zippered cover, three collet sizes, three cups and both the standard and stubby caps for the torch.

Not much of an update but something to mull over. Got fridge issues today and the service guy is here so can't go play in the shop for a while.

Attachments

• 20220215_102457.jpg
    20220215_102457.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 6

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
About 7 years. Slow leak apparently. Supposed to be able to draw a vacuum to 50 (units?) and only goes to 30. No obvious leaks so no idea where. Tech was good. Honest. Said since it is not an apparent leak, it could be buried somewhere in the structure. Better to put the money into a new one. The display has been funky for years, typical LED's when the drivers get soft. Not worth repairing. Still cooling ok but not freezing. Spent the afternoon shopping, ....without management...seldom a good thing.

Not much available in stock and only a few with guaranteed dates of delivery. And the sales people say the manufacturer might quote a date, then change it anyways. I think I found a good model, in town, discontinued so I am taking the floor model, but, $1050 off of list price. Gotta get it past the boss tonight......:D

Could be chilling cans of morale boosters tomorrow!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
About 7 years. Slow leak apparently. Supposed to be able to draw a vacuum to 50 (units?) and only goes to 30. No obvious leaks so no idea where. Tech was good. Honest. Said since it is not an apparent leak, it could be buried somewhere in the structure. Better to put the money into a new one. The display has been funky for years, typical LED's when the drivers get soft. Not worth repairing. Still cooling ok but not freezing. Spent the afternoon shopping, ....without management...seldom a good thing.

Not much available in stock and only a few with guaranteed dates of delivery. And the sales people say the manufacturer might quote a date, then change it anyways. I think I found a good model, in town, discontinued so I am taking the floor model, but, $1050 off of list price. Gotta get it past the boss tonight......:D

Could be chilling cans of morale boosters tomorrow!
It seems modern large appliances have gotten more bells and features, complexity and reliability has gone dramatically down. I hear of more people with problems with their few year old appliances than what I think there should be. I have a 65+ year old fridge in my basement that has NEVER missed a beat. I also have a deep freezer that is about 50 years old and it keeps going although I believe it had some sort of repair about 40 years ago. I'm afraid of buying any new appliances.