• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Emco Maximat Compact 10 Thunder Bay govdeals auction

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Highly rated machines, Austrian built.

12430_16_1.jpg

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Note that there's no thread dial on the carriage. But none of the same lathe on the lathes.co.uk have thread dials either so <shrug/>

Xyphota

Ultra Member
I made a parts order for my myford last year and purchased an OEM replacement thread dial, but for the price I should have just 3D printed one. They are a pretty simple bit of kit.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
I like these lathes. Its a (pretty sure) MQ 3100. Well built, big solid roller bearing headstock. This one unfortunately doesn't have the mill attachment, which imo makes these more desirable than the later Maximat 10 because the mill attachment has box ways vs a round column. Might just be the best lathe ever if you're really stuck for space. Spare bedroom in an apartment sort of thing with a nice lathe with better-than-round-column milling capability.

I've been reconditioning one for awhile, part of an upcoming series article on "reconditioning a lathe". I bought this one just to include an example of box ways in the article (talk about masochistic!). One of these decades when its done it'll be for sale. When done it will be as or more precisely put together than when it left the factory.....and if I could sell it for $150,000 it would be good way to make living.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I actually have the milling attachment for this lathe sitting in my shop. I made a base for it to build a stand alone mill with it but its not done yet.