• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Elmers Engines

Ken Mach

Anyone else into building Elmers engines? The plans used to be available on the Tomtom site but the site has been taken down and the original book is out of print, 22F930C3-CAD5-476D-A8C2-9797B8203746.jpeg you can find it on Amazon for an outrageous price. If anyone has found another portal to the drawings I’d appreciate a heads up.

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
You must have most of the plans already! Nice collection of engines!
Is there any particular plan you are looking for?
You've probably found (and downloaded) the deWaal metric (larger version) plans of the Elmer Verberg engines?

Ken Mach

You must have most of the plans already! Nice collection of engines!
Is there any particular plan you are looking for?
You've probably found (and downloaded) the deWaal metric (larger version) plans of the Elmer Verberg engines?
I like the original Elmers engines I find the challenge is in making the tiny
parts

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
I like the original Elmers engines I find the challenge is in making the tiny
parts
The originals are too small for me, and the deWaals are too big (and expensive for metals). About 150% of the Elmer size is about right for me, as a beginner. And metric fasteners and tooling are a lot more readily available, cheaply - another reason I don't care for the original plans.

Ken Mach

Problem (seemingly) solved. after a little rooting around I found a site that claims:

Please note, as i understand it, Mr. Dirk Tollenaar holds the copyright to this book and has given me his express permission to provide it as a download. If you have concerns, please contact me by using the contact link above.

URL: http://www.myheap.com/metalworking/resources-downloads.html
Thankyou ….I’m going to get right on that

Ken Mach

The originals are too small for me, and the deWaals are too big (and expensive for metals). About 150% of the Elmer size is about right for me, as a beginner. And metric fasteners and tooling are a lot more readily available, cheaply - another reason I don't care for the original plans.
I buy my fasteners from McMaster Carr in large lots ….