• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

electrical humour

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The sad thing is as a kid I remember seeing 'money' in the electrical panel. Not our house mind you... someone else's house LOL

Attachments

• SNAG-10-19-2020 0000.jpg
    SNAG-10-19-2020 0000.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 23

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Money? Just use some copper pipe. Or copper wire. Or at least aluminum. You do not want a glowing piece of metal. I guess very thick piece of metal would do. In order to make sure no pesky neighbor sees you being cheap hide your copper in original enclosure.

Last edited:

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I remember pennies used to replace a frequently blown fuse in boxes when I was young too. Never occurred to me until I was older than some Einstein had to push that in with his finger at some point. Probably a wet finger too.

How did anyone survive past 20 in those days?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I remember watching a senior tech working on a power supply, he shorted the fuse holder with a piece of 12g wire and found the fault by looking for smoke. Then he tagged it non repairable as the cct board had lit up in flames.