• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

East bound and down!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The annoying part is that it's brutally expensive to barge over a ciment truck, so it's going to be mixed at the top of the driveway. At least my neighbor has a decent-sized mixer. But it still comes out to at least 3 yards of concrete.

Couldn't you bring over 3 yards of slow cure in half yard tubs? It's just an apron......

trevj

Ultra Member
My experience in Sk., says that unless you have a home big enough to hide from each other in the winter, the spring news is gonna be full of yer life history!

In all seriousness, being trapped in the same room, for six months, as the "love of your life", is gonna change that...

This is based on almost eight years living in Moose jaw!

trevj

Ultra Member
Not at all, just get Swmbo several paying jobs. then she will be too tired to bother you, and makes enough money to support your tool habits.
Having been in the Military and watching lot of guys that tried that route, see their Ex head down the road with all her income, and half his, I'm more prone to just having enough corners that you don't have to cross paths 'all day, every day' unless it suits you both!

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Q4 2023 update:

The wood shop exterior is finished minus the eavestroughs (hopefully soon). I did the siding/soffit/facia myself (after doing the house/addition as well).

IMG_0608.jpeg
IMG_0606.jpeg
IMG_0607.jpeg

Just wrapping up the interior (1/2" plywood) and then final inspections and MOVING DAY!

72092212853__3F23AADE-D003-4497-B951-613228F3BCD8.jpeg

Heating will be electric (primary) and a small pellet stove (our 4th!) for more comfortable/cost-effective heating when in use.

IMG_0616.JPG

Moving day will be sweet as this is 520 sq ft of wood shop/storage. The 10' ceilings will allow for mezzanines for storage so i'm hoping this translates to much needed usable space in the metal shop.

Q4 2023 update:

The wood shop exterior is finished minus the eavestroughs (hopefully soon). I did the siding/soffit/facia myself (after doing the house/addition as well).

View attachment 40345
View attachment 40346
View attachment 40347

Just wrapping up the interior (1/2" plywood) and then final inspections and MOVING DAY!

View attachment 40348

Heating will be electric (primary) and a small pellet stove (our 4th!) for more comfortable/cost-effective heating when in use.

View attachment 40349

Moving day will be sweet as this is 520 sq ft of wood shop/storage. The 10' ceilings will allow for mezzanines for storage so i'm hoping this translates to much needed usable space in the metal shop.
Congratulations, you've been busy getting things done, must be what happens when one spends less time hanging with us. :p...... Hey, a quick question, in the third picture, way back in the background....... Is that a hill?