• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Drill grinder C$200

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@Tom O and you didn't get sprayed!? I thought if you came within ten feet of one caged or not you would get sprayed for sure!

Apparently if they can't lift their tail they can't spray, so confined in a small enough trap you're fine. Haven't tried it myself but have been tempted once or twice.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I have had them at my feet before coming from the garage and have never been sprayed I find if you remain calm and talk to them usually they won’t spray if they’re not threatened now covering them for transport still talking to them lol puts them in a confined space reducing the chance of spraying.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
What prompted that comment?

One of the nice features of this forum is we can kibitz with one another without causing a damaging rub of any sort. Keeping things civil is an art in itself, my rule of thumb is if you can't say something nice don't say anything!

We reside on the northwest side of Moose Jaw a short distance from the prairie fringe like 1/8 of a mile. This past year we've had all sorts of wild critters visit our area from moose, bear to mountain lion none of which is unusual. Racoons, wild rabbits etc., and the like can become a real pest even thought they are only trying to survive. Can't say I've ever seen or heard of skunks in our area other than the two legged variety who can't read the sign on our mail box (No Soliciting).

Tom O

Ultra Member
I finally unloaded the boiler from my truck it seems to weigh a good 80 / 90lbs it’s 9” wide x 18” long 046837C5-451C-4AE3-88E5-DFA6B815B4C3.jpeg BB3AAFC2-825A-48AE-83A7-30AD40162B33.jpeg 73A5423C-10AB-4C02-AE86-C81AE2756002.jpeg
Inside the firebox the heat travels through a tube to the front of the boiler then back through the smaller tubes to heat the water before exiting the stack.
C8E2727E-4788-4233-97EF-F80B0DF97B45.jpeg