• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Ditron DRO Failed with Excellent Customer Service Followup

Hacker

Super User
On Wednesday morning last week I turned on my Ditron four axis DRO and a high pitched squeal came out of it, then nothing. I had purchase the unit at the end of October last year off of Amazon so I was not sure if it would be covered by warranty. I emailed Kate @ Ditron describing the problem and received a response back a few hours latter telling me that the issue was the PCB and they would replace it. They offered standard shipping or I could pay to have it sent FedEx. I opted for FedEx and received the board a week later with instructions on how to replace it. Eight days after the failure my DRO is working again. I am happy with the response and support from Ditron and hope I don't need any further service from them.