• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Disintegrated foam packing.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
My set from the early 70's, Staedtler Mars, has a molded plastic insert with a thin felt type lining so it's still like new.

Any idea of the era for yours or is that something we don't want to talk about? ;)
It was my wife's. I believe from a high school drafting class. So yes, it's more than 50 years old.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I hope she doesn't read this.... I don't think we're supposed to reveal those kind of age critical details about our wives..... They seem to be about as sensitive about that as the back of my skull from the rolling pin. When did marble rolling pins become a thing anyways?:oops:
I posted this photo and a story on facebook. She then shared it for her friends.
Although I don't have a picture of then, I remember very clearly seeing 3 girls walking across the dance floor at the Kinsmen Fieldhouse in Edmonton. It was March 25th 1973, a Saturday, at a dance called Bar None put on by the UofA Agriculture department. A friend of mine, Pat Jacobsen (nee. OBrian) had been trying to hook me up with a girl in her Pharmacy faculty for a few months. My friend Doug Hinecker and I went to the dance (live music) and we met Pat there.
The girls weren't there yet. Suddenly Pat exclaimed: "There they are!" Oh my gawd I thought. I hope it's the tall one. As it turned out it was the tall one; all 5'4" of her.
We danced a bit. I got her phone number and a few weeks later we went for coffee.
Engaged July 1st, moved in together September that same year.
And since today is March 25th and a Saturday I thought it was appropriate to go to a dance and this time take a picture.
Amazing 50 years with Linda.

Attachments

• 50YearsAgo.jpg
    50YearsAgo.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13