• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Dickson type tool holders perhaps S3 size

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I've now acquired two buddies Mark and Randy, both from SW Ontario and into automobiles, who both have Colchester Master 2500 lathes, but both have tool post deficiencies. Mark has only 1 holder and needs a couple more tool holders. I've said I can spare a couple S2 size holders for a fair price. so he is good. But Mark sent Randy my way, because Randy bought a lathe at an auction and it came with 5 holders, but no QCTP. He did get a 2 way standard garbage post.

So I told Randy I'd post his holders here and see if anyone wanted to take a risk on them, to me they look like Dickson knock offs in S3 size.

I told Randy fellow I would sell him my surplus Dickson S2 post which will fit his lathe for cheap if I know I can bore a hole in it so he can mount it. I haven't yet tried because I have to see about a carbide bit in the proper size. It's a S2T for CNC lathe with a funky 4 bolt perimeter mounting.

So trade talks welcome. Purchases of these holders is welcome. Note they're missing bolts and 3 height adjusters, uncertain vintage and origin. Randy just wants to get a post and a couple holders and wants dickson style.

Oh and randy is near Stratford so if you happen to be closer to there than Toronto that would be nice 20230317_135840.jpeg

20230317_135925.jpeg

20230317_135955.jpeg

20230317_140016.jpeg

20230317_140101.jpeg

20230317_140038.jpeg

20230317_140132.jpeg

20230317_140154.jpeg

DPM Solutions

I believe these holders will fit a Swiss Type 125 tool holder. I'd be willing to take a chance on them for a reasonable price. Right now I have a toolpost with no holders. I'm in Nova Scotia so I can't drop by unfortunately.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I believe these holders will fit a Swiss Type 125 tool holder. I'd be willing to take a chance on them for a reasonable price. Right now I have a toolpost with no holders. I'm in Nova Scotia so I can't drop by unfortunately.

I've reached out to my acquaintance to see if he still has them. I haven't heard otherwise. If he does I'll put you directly in touch with him

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I've now acquired two buddies Mark and Randy, both from SW Ontario and into automobiles, who both have Colchester Master 2500 lathes, but both have tool post deficiencies. Mark has only 1 holder and needs a couple more tool holders. I've said I can spare a couple S2 size holders for a fair price. so he is good. But Mark sent Randy my way, because Randy bought a lathe at an auction and it came with 5 holders, but no QCTP. He did get a 2 way standard garbage post.

So I told Randy I'd post his holders here and see if anyone wanted to take a risk on them, to me they look like Dickson knock offs in S3 size.

I told Randy fellow I would sell him my surplus Dickson S2 post which will fit his lathe for cheap if I know I can bore a hole in it so he can mount it. I haven't yet tried because I have to see about a carbide bit in the proper size. It's a S2T for CNC lathe with a funky 4 bolt perimeter mounting.

So trade talks welcome. Purchases of these holders is welcome. Note they're missing bolts and 3 height adjusters, uncertain vintage and origin. Randy just wants to get a post and a couple holders and wants dickson style.

Oh and randy is near Stratford so if you happen to be closer to there than Toronto that would be niceView attachment 32378

View attachment 32379

View attachment 32380

View attachment 32381

View attachment 32382

View attachment 32383

View attachment 32384

View attachment 32385

These are now sold.