• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Demagnetizer

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Years ago I bought this little gadget that I thought would be handy in the shop for magnetizing and demagnetizing screw drivers. It works ok for adding magnetizism to screw drivers but its lousy for removing it. Sometimes I want a driver to hold onto a screw and sometimes it's aggravating. I just recently saw a YouTube tip where the guy just passed the screw driver shank through the energized forks of an electric soldering iron. I just tried it and it works like a dream.

Attachments

• 20200625_165415.jpg
    20200625_165415.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200625_165347.jpg
    20200625_165347.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
That demagnetized it? Great tip, I hate my magnetized screw drivers. Will never buy another one again.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
More on great tips, check these videos out. Bill

save your old micro wave motors - not the best sound but you get the idea

Last edited: