420 kg

KF2 (larger)
2 hp motor
power knee
20000 Max spindle rpm, infinitely variable from 500 to 20000
fully 3-D capable
3/4” max spindle collet or MT #2 with adapter
1400 kg

They can both be used for metal and any other material. There are a few knife makers that have a KF2 (or similar) to make their knife scales.

With the advent of CNC, the 3-D pantographs basically became obsolete. HOWEVER, if you already have a pattern (say a cracked/worn out piece like a lead screw half nut, missing chuck jaw, etc) you can copy it 1:1, make it smaller or larger without any programming! Great for one off duplicates. You could 3-D print a pattern in plastic, make a wood model, then use the KF2 to cut it out from steel.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Can't you just visualize a quarter scale Merlin crankcase slowly emerging from a block of aluminum? LOL

Attachments

• SNAG-1-15-2021 0001.jpg
    SNAG-1-15-2021 0001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 4

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yes, I can. Added to my ever longer list of things to do. At the rate I am going, I’ll be 150 by the time I get through all the projects...

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yes,, it is very cool machine.

What’s more, it is built like a tank. It was made in 1967. Then it was used for about 15+ years in a production setting here in Calgary. And yet all the movements, ways and spindle are still very smooth.

I am now the third owner since new; I have paperwork of it’s life history.

(As an aside: the little brother GK12 pantograph was also made in 1967. I am only the second owner of it - have some paperwork to show that, but not nearly as detailed as the documentation of KF2).

I probably will still do a tear down, clean, inspect and rebuild, just to be 100% sure all the lubrication passages and moving parts are free from any dried up gunk, etc.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm always curious, what kind of industry/product was using a machine like that in our area? What did they make?