One thing to watch is that putting the 5 inch caster on moves the tipping point 2.5 inches inward from the front of the cabinet when the wheels are pointed to the back, essentially making the cabinet base narrower.Base made for the filing cabinet. 5" casters put the grinder rest at 42-1/4" off the floor. Perfect height for me.
Need to dig out the D-bit grinder and figure out how to make that fit on top as well.
View attachment 80299View attachment 80300
Yup I'm going to be very careful moving it around. Once in place it probably won't go anywhere.One thing to watch is that putting the 5 inch caster on moves the tipping point 2.5 inches inward from the front of the cabinet when the wheels are pointed to the back, essentially making the cabinet base narrower.
Where's the Volkswagon?Put the D-bit grinder on the file cabinet tonight.
It will swap places with the 2x48 grinder for better cable management.
View attachment 80381
Safely out of frame 😀Where's the Volkswagon?
I noticed that you have been cropping it out of pictures lately...... 🙄Safely out of frame 😀
Very nice. But, I thought you had no space........ you seem very confused at times, I can swing by on my next trip over and relieve you of this unnecessary burden that is causing such great stress. 😉This is going to be excellent tap and drill storage for the shop!
24” depth
20.5” height
10.5” width
View attachment 80698
I'm sure he'd let you take the VW so he has more floor space.Very nice. But, I thought you had no space........ you seem very confused at times, I can swing by on my next trip over and relieve you of this unnecessary burden that is causing such great stress. 😉
BFHThis cabinet would be amazing if I could figure out how to remove this sloped area at the front of the drawers.
View attachment 80709
Is this the type that the drawers pull out then hang down?This cabinet would be amazing if I could figure out how to remove this sloped area at the front of the drawers.
View attachment 80709
Yes when pulled all the way outIs this the type that the drawers pull out then hang down?
What are they for originally? I'm having a hard time picturing a use case.Yes when pulled all the way out
It's called a Kardex system. Old timey filing system.What are they for originally? I'm having a hard time picturing a use case.
I feel very old-timey. Used one of those to keep track of pipe inventory, manually entering and calculating on-hand stock and cut lengths. Late 1980s.It's called a Kardex system. Old timey filing system.