• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Dang it’s hot.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Temp in my shop was over 100F today.
Supposed to be hotter tomorrow. [emoji91]

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Hit 85 in the house. Supposed to be even hotter tomorrow.

francist

Super User
Yeah, I think the only time I’ve felt hotter was getting out of the truck in Merrit one time. It just made you want to to run for cover. Today was pretty tough though, I must say.

20210627_143210.jpg
20210627_222108.jpg
Spent the day at a local lake, was about 10 degrees cooler up there, but the heat sure hit as we came back down out of the hills. Not looking forward to work tomorrow...

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My basement work shop gets to cold, have the AC going to keep the ground floor comfy and the basement gets to cold. Have every register shut down stairs, when he was still at home our youngest son used a sleeping bag on the bed during summer.:rolleyes:

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
My basement work shop gets to cold, have the AC going to keep the ground floor comfy and the basement gets to cold. Have every register shut down stairs, when he was still at home our youngest son used a sleeping bag on the bed during summer.:rolleyes:

Can relate to that, my current medications have me chilly most days with central air running at 76° Fahrenheit. Not much I can do about that except put on my sweat pants then grin and bear it, would be different if I was the only person in our home. LOL

historicalarms

Ultra Member
My indoor-outdoor thermostat recorded 31.9 outside & 31.5 inside the house right at supper time. Spent a lot of time outside in the shade of a big old maple tree that was reportedly planted in our yard in 1911...it has provided shade relief to a lot of people in its lifetime.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sitting out here in I guess a chilly 26 humidex 36 supposed to go over 40 humidex this afternoon, that sun heats up the moisture clouds start forming wind blows them around, little bit of lightning and thunder then 40 seconds of rain then clear up and repeat the cycle but so nice to be outside enjoying the day. Yesterday there was no happy place for me outside was too hot, garage was too hot, basement shop was too dam cold on account of the wife having the geothermal cranked down so I would alternate between them when I got too hot or cold.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
My shop hit 74F. I expect it to go higher today. I make sure I close the doors each time I enter. When I started working yesterday it was 69F and went up 5 degrees partly from the heat generated by lights and motors. It is about as hot in the garage as in the basement - way cooler then in the house, which reached 81F.

I am in Calgary.

francist

Super User
Yuck, that’s crazy!

Just for kicks I took my IR heat gun outside this afternoon — the concrete steps leading up to my front porch were 146F !

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Yuck, that’s crazy!

Just for kicks I took my IR heat gun outside this afternoon — the concrete steps leading up to my front porch were 146F ![/QUOTE

I had painted a piece of alum plate flat black a couple days ago. Yesterday afternoon I decided to pick that plate up, it was sitting in direct sunlight all day, man it didnt take me long "to look at that plate" and loose interest in holding on to it...I know damn well that I could have cooked an egg on it.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Well yesterday was a real doozy in Victoria. We saw 40 degs. Today is much better with a high of 28 predicted.
I'm running on fumes with about 6hrs sleep over three nights.