• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Dan Gelbart & Rapidia

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I was wondering what happened to one of my YouTube hero's, Dan Gelbart, since his educational videos kind of stopped a while back. Video & link shows likely answer.
Wow. I think I just had a 3DP metal spiritual awakening. Now how many sleeps before a Shapeways or similar buys some machines so I can upload some CAD files? This is big. And a Canadian company to boot.

https://www.rapidia.com/about-rapidia-metal-3d-printing

LOL. A bit rich for my blood. Hoping there will be developing lab one day soon. I snooped around Shapeways forum & not a single reference to the company. Maybe its too new.
Lots of references to PO'd people about escalating print costs & diminished store sales though.

Back