• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Cx601 electrical issues

thriller007

Multiple wires out of place plus the fuse issue. I can’t take any credit though it all goes to my electrician buddy that went through a wire by wire
Sorry forgot to mention the credit given to all you who answered the thread as well to steer us in the right direction. Kudos

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Great that you solved the problem. Electrical problems are vexing to me!

Tom O

Ultra Member
One thing that I realized after frying the brushes was the rear brushes heat up more and the cover has what 4 vent holes so I printed up a cover for a computer fan and haven’t had a problem since. And if you look at the brushes put some shim stock between the brushes and cap if they heat up they fuse and good luck getting them to release or out! 7B27F5CD-1086-47A7-843C-3545186DC27A.jpeg

thriller007

One thing that I realized after frying the brushes was the rear brushes heat up more and the cover has what 4 vent holes so I printed up a cover for a computer fan and haven’t had a problem since. And if you look at the brushes put some shim stock between the brushes and cap if they heat up they fuse and good luck getting them to release or out!View attachment 9534
What model do you have there Tom? I see the front plate is off and you have some other interesting stuff on there.

Tom O

Ultra Member
It’s a Cx601 with a Dro Pros 4 axis readout there is only 3 read outs but you have the option of combining the quill with the z axis With the push of a button.
The front cover I made while fitting the sending rail and no modifications had to be made to the original design just adapters. You can see the cooling fan 3D print on top.

thriller007

It’s a Cx601 with a Dro Pros 4 axis readout there is only 3 read outs but you have the option of combining the quill with the z axis With the push of a button.
The front cover I made while fitting the sending rail and no modifications had to be made to the original design just adapters. You can see the cooling fan 3D print on top.
Nice, do you remember what size scales you used? Also would there be a Dif in size between going magnetic and going glass? and lastly how many RPM do you get out of yours in high gear?