• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Cx 600 speed board

Sagatath

My new CX 600
Lowest speed is 830 RPM.
Busy Bee wants me to return the speed board for a replacement. I see two boards but I don’t know which one it is. Has anyone replaced this board?

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hi this should help answer your question. Should you have the manual for your CX600 Mill turn to page 25 Mill Electrical Box Assembly see item # 78 then go to page 26 where item No. 1 is identified as the Speed Control Board. Should you not have the manual go to busybeetools.com then scroll down to the bottom (black area) and click on 'Product manuals'. Scroll down the list until you get to the CX600 manual, save it, print it, view it. Good luck Bill

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My new CX 600
Lowest speed is 830 RPM.
Busy Bee wants me to return the speed board for a replacement. I see two boards but I don’t know which one it is. Has anyone replaced this board?
Let me guess...the machine is still under "warranty" and Busy Bee wants YOU to do the repair after they order to China for parts that they have no idea on how long they will take to arrive?!

Sorry that has been my experience with Busy Bee, I hope yours is different.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Posted in the Wrong thread. This thread is "Site Story, Notes, Rules (Read First!) "

Sagatath

Hi this should help answer your question. Should you have the manual for your CX600 Mill turn to page 25 Mill Electrical Box Assembly see item # 78 then go to page 26 where item No. 1 is identified as the Speed Control Board. Should you not have the manual go to busybeetools.com then scroll down to the bottom (black area) and click on 'Product manuals'. Scroll down the list until you get to the CX600 manual, save it, print it, view it. Good luck Bill
Yes, I have that page, however when I take the front cover off there is a board on the left side and one on the back cover. No board on the bottom as the pic shows. I assume the speed board is the one connected to the display.

B-Train

Can you take a picture inside the box ? I’m pretty sure that the speed control is the larger one. Not sure, but maybe I can identify it by looking at them...

Sagatath

Can you take a picture inside the box ? I’m pretty sure that the speed control is the larger one. Not sure, but maybe I can identify it by looking at them...
It appears that the Grizzly model G0704 is pretty much an identical machine as the CX 600. The Grizzly web site has a much better operational manual with better description of the cct boards. I found which one it was and you were right, it was the big one. The CX 600 manual never went into break-in for redistributing the gear lube.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My cx lathe has two boards in it and the speed board is the only one with adjusting screws (I think they call them "pots") on it.

Sagatath

Found the speed board and sent it back for replacement. Prior to sending it back I marked where the labeled wires went on what pins on the board on a sheet of paper. When I got the board back I noticed that the pins had designation labels similar to the labels on the wires. However, unless I screwed up, two of the wires I took off were on the wrong pins. My question is - were the wires put on the wrong pins at the factory by mistake or was there an update not marked on the board. I don't want to start the machine not knowing. has anyone re-installed the speed board and used the designated wires on the labeled pins.
Thanks everyone for the help. I really appreciate it.
My cx lathe has two boards in it and the speed board is the only one with adjusting screws (I think they call them "pots") on it.
The instruction manual shows a board on the bottom and one on the side whereas my machine has a board on the side and one on the back. You are right in that the board with the pots are the speed board. Now, I'm assuming those are calibration pots for speed.
You're right, it is the larger one. what a screwy way to do warranty work. I do all the work, pay to send the board back and wait.
Next tool I order from them I'm going to ask for a deal.

B-Train

Hi Sagatath!
I also had some mismatch wires/numbers on mine, and I remember they were on the reversing switch. After looking at the schematic it did’t made any difference but I can’t explain why it was wired like that...
I’m very curious to know after you will have reconnect your board if the reverse speed is lower than the forward one (mine is near the half...) or obviously if anyone have any infos about that :rolleyes:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hi Sagatath!
I also had some mismatch wires/numbers on mine, and I remember they were on the reversing switch. After looking at the schematic it did’t made any difference but I can’t explain why it was wired like that...
I’m very curious to know after you will have reconnect your board if the reverse speed is lower than the forward one (mine is near the half...) or obviously if anyone have any infos about that :rolleyes:
Yes the reverse speed is about half of the forward speed also on my lathe. I do know that the schematic on my lathe had some errors on it that an electrician figured out for me. It was stuff that didn't quite make sense in the drawing and then the electrician realized that it was a mistake and not actually wired quite as depicted. Sorry I don't remember more detail.
I do have an extra speed board stashed away if it helps I can take a picture of that for you?

B-Train

I do have an extra speed board stashed away if it helps I can take a picture of that for you?
No, thanks for your offer, but it’s ok for me. I think the board itself is correct but I can’t see why the speed change when in reverse. Very curious to know the reasons why it’s like that !