• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Custom sleeper shelf or cabinet

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
BF7C9065-E444-4E3F-B2DB-4749746D4E30.jpeg

I have this somewhat useless set of shelves in my truck sleeper. Well, not that exact one, I picked this one up at a wrecking yard. So it’s identical twin

I’m more than willing to pay someone to help make this more functional.

Even if someone would do up drawings for me, I’d be willing to pay for that to be done. I’m good at thinking stuff up, but not good at putting it on paper

Chicken lights

D3D5081B-8ADC-4B3F-AFDE-E23E2FCF2C7E.jpeg

I’m not really a fan of shelves in a truck sleeper, but that’s besides the point. These bins fit in my upper shelves great, match the colour of the rest of the interior, and work to keep stuff sorted.

One idea is to at least make the top shelf big enough to hold one or two of these

Chicken lights

23785ACD-919C-4018-9E9C-3A082586D995.jpeg
This area here is dead space. Those are a couple spare parts in there, otherwise it’s a good spot for my feet to overhang when sleeping. I don’t really know how to repurpose that better, other than just pointing out it’s dead space

Chicken lights

07E17D73-3DF2-41F5-B776-B1EC943D2406.jpeg

In green- a cup holder. Never used it, never gonna use it.

In blue- I’ll use that to hang a towel to dry, so that area is functional

In red- dead space. The top shelf really only is seven inches wide. There’s no reason why that can’t be wider. There’s no lights over there, no windows, no reason at all not to re-purpose that area.

You could make a larger shelf or add a cabinet for that area

Chicken lights

The way this is put together is the plastic is covering a steel frame. The reason I got the twin today was so I could take it apart and have the steel frame to tinker with. Whether it’s just to mock up building a new frame or whether to cut and weld to add onto what I have now

So, if anyone is interested in helping out, or at least brainstorming, let me know please!

Chicken lights

B2463C94-4B18-4D57-9CE5-F8261EB42A34.jpeg

One idea while I was pondering this tonight-

If I got an extra upper shelf (blue), then someone cut the green part down, mounted the two together somehow...

It might look kind of factory, and would be one solution