Product Crazy Amazon tracking

Product

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I ordered some carbide inserts from Amazon and according g to their tracking they are suppose to be here by 8:00pm tonight (2 Screenshot_20221108-194836_Amazon Shopping.jpg mins). I don't think it's going to happen. Take a look at the crazy tracking. I wonder where my inserts are sitting?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I had two like that recently.
Both left Kent WA on Sunday. About two hours later both said they had left Toronto.
Delivery was due for delivery Monday. Didn't happen.
I did online chat with Amazon and they gave me $10 off because of the screw up.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I ordered a golf club from the states a few years ago that bounced around between Lousiville and Chicago about 5 times over the course of a few weeks. It was driving me nuts every time I'd check the tracking. "it's BACK in Kentucky again?"

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Being able to check the tracking on nearly everything you order is a mixed blessing for sure.
Remember the good old days when you just pressed BUY and then left it God's hands:D
Ya I sort of miss the fun of ordering from the Sears catalog and waiting for weeks until I could get to pick up my item at the local Sears catalog order depot.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
How about consumers distributors, anyone remember that place,fill out the little card with what you wanted...come back in a couple weeks to pick it up

I used to love that catalog as a kid
I remember driving past their store in Lethbridge.

curmudgeon

(Steve)
Remember the good old days when you just pressed BUY and then left it God's hands:D
You too can relive that experience today by placing an order with eReplacement parts. Received an emailed order confirmation on Oct 14 without tracking links or any way to know if order has shipped, just a very informative disclaimer, "Please remember, as stated at checkout, international orders have a 1-2 week lead time for order processing, in addition to the shipping option that you chose."