• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex GEM500G milling machine--GovDeals.com, Lindsay ON

trlvn

Ultra Member
Haven't seen one like this before. Can't find a manual on BusyBee's web site.

6198_209_2.jpg

6198_209_1.jpg

Appears to be 220V 1PH but the listing doesn't specify. Starting point is $1,000 and there are almost 6 days left in the auction.

Craig

trlvn

Ultra Member
Is it just me or does that column look super beefy?

I don't recall seeing anything quite like this before. The gear head gives 12 speeds from 60 to 3,000 rpm which is pretty nice. OTOH, it is not a knee mill. No idea what spindle taper or the X/Y/Z work envelope. Quite clean and no obvious damage. Not even paint scrapes. Part of me wants to contact BusyBee and find out if they have a manual for it.

Craig

trlvn

Ultra Member
Asking $2,500 on Kijiji but the one at auction in Lindsay went for just under $1,500 all in.

The column on these things is really massive. I wonder how difficult it is to crank the head up? (Down has to be pretty easy!)

Craig
(BTW, there is a rusty anvil shown in the Kijiji listing. How many guys are going to argue that if it's in the picture, it is part of the deal!)