• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex CX706 Setup

CharleyBrown

Charles
It took a couple of weeks, with work & waiting for parts, but the new lathe is operational.
I’ve corrected a couple of issues, and thought this might be of interest to someone else who has this model.
While cleaning up the machine, I noticed a lot of sand and gunk (left over from the casting process?) in the gearbox. After a teardown & cleaning, I also have a good understanding of the inner workings of the apron and power feed. I’m really glad that I didn’t wait a year to change the oil.
I couldn’t leave the gearbox to my imagination after seeing the condition of the apron, and it was pretty dirty as well, as shown in the photo. IMG_8166.jpeg

Note: if you open this gearbox, you’ll need some new gasket sealant to put it together again.

Anyways, hopefully this helps someone.