• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex CT043 12x36 lathe, Calgary $3500

I'm not quite ready to jump back in so maybe someone else might find this appealing.

Steady, follower, basic tools included. $3500 for the YYC area isnt bad - its almost what I sold my 9" Utilathe for (with a bunch of carbide tooling and accessories) a year ago.

1697236909787.jpeg

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
That one doesn't, but BB did sell one with a TA in that size range for a few years. For a premium price, so they dropped it.

@Dabbler are these ct-043 a decent machine? One thing I didnt like about my Utilathe was the threaded spindle when I would cut threads 'away from the chuck' (in reverse to normal thread cutting). The D1 chuck spindle is an improvement, yes?

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
The D1 - 4 spindle is better in every way.

Check the carriage and compound carefully -- The later ones were not only flimsy, but there was no provision for oiling the cross feed and compound dovetails. If you are looking at one of those, keep looking. I cannot tell from the model number, because the same number had differing characteristics over time.