• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Couple milling machines

Thomas

My shop has a couple of milling machines for sale, they are a little on the large size or I would have bought one myself. Shop is located in Saint John, NB

The first is a knee and column machine made in Denmark, works well and comes with some cutters. $500

20211122_085324.jpg 20211122_085424.jpg

The second Is a Kearney and Trecker, with rotary head, DRO and newly installed gears for the spindle feed. This is a heavy piece of gear, everything is cast iron. $2500.
20211122_085104.jpg 20211122_085123.jpg 20211122_085131.jpg

Thomas

It took a lot of restraint not to bring home the little knee and column machine, It works well and there is a cabinet full of cutters and a another arbor support to go with it. I just don't have the room. There was a vertical head for it but I think it was mistakenly thrown in the scrap bin.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
It took a lot of restraint not to bring home the little knee and column machine, It works well and there is a cabinet full of cutters and a another arbor support to go with it. I just don't have the room. There was a vertical head for it but I think it was mistakenly thrown in the scrap bin.

Arbor == 100 CAD. Head for it - at least $500. Cutters, say few dozen == 300. Machine probably well over $1000. Just go on eBay - especially the vertical heads are very, very expensive.