• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

COMPUTER EMAIL ADDRESS ISSUE

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Try as I might I cannot locate how to correct an erroneous email address in my computer that keeps popping up. Recently whenever I log on lets say this forum as an example; where it says enter name or email address I have always used my email address.

NOTE: email addresses below are phony baloney.

My correct email address would look something like this - z.lonesomedove@sasktel.yup

What keeps poping up looks like is this .................................. - z.lonesomedove@sasiktel.yup

As you can see my computer correct email address picket up a hitchhicker (i) between sas (i) ktel.yup

So I correct same by deleting it, real pain in the butt.

When sending/receiving email to/from friends or logging on with my service provider everything works normal minus the (i).

Go gently guys because I'm not the brightest computer penny on the block.

Comments and/or suggestions welcomed

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Three suggestions.

Most likely it is being remembered incorrectly in your system cache. Next time it pops up, try right clicking on it and then select delete. Then retype it properly. That should correct the cache.

If that does not work, then check your default address book. It might be wrong in there.

Also, try double clicking on it when it pops up. Sometimes that will take you to where it is entered and remembered wrong.

That's all I have for now. I'll think about it overnight.

What computer/OS do you use?

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Middle of the night and I'm awake, won't get into the ugly details. LOL

Hate crashing out with PC problems running around my head.

I have two PC's my older one is my goto PC, runs with MS Windows 10 Home - MS Office 2007 - Google Chrome., its a long story please don't ask. So I tried your suggestions / bag of tricks, no luck.

Second PC is newer running with MS Windows10 Pro - MSOffice 16 - Google Chrome. This one has set up problems with MS Office Pro 16.

Back to bed.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I totally understand.

FWIW, I prefer Chrome and Windows too. The good news is that your choices significantly improve the chances that I can help.

What email client are you using? Outlook from Office or the Windows mail client?

Do you use OneDrive?

Does this problem arise on both PCs or just one of them?

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
I totally understand.

FWIW, I prefer Chrome and Windows too. The good news is that your choices significantly improve the chances that I can help.

What email client are you using? Outlook from Office or the Windows mail client?

Do you use OneDrive?

Does this problem arise on both PCs or just one of them?

MS Office Outlook 2007 should be the email client with my goto PC.

Shall wait for you to read my PM besides I need to turn java on.

Last edited: