• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Complete machine shop in a 20’ sea can, $120k, Stony Plain, AB

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
c5fa3ff3-4473-460f-b666-4ab66ec2671d

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
OMG, I am a millionaire!
I must be worth 2 million !

Is the dog part of the deal? I count about maybe 10K in that confined space. Cans are worth about 5-10K delivered to the driveway.. I guarantee the dog would be better taken care of and not chained outside during the winter.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Hang on... let me check by wallet... Nope. Must have spent my spare $120K on Scotch.
Is that all? In todays pricing I drank at least 500K of Pilsner.. Several truckloads of Labatt's soda back in the day...

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Maybe the dog is the vendor and price is in milk bones?

I'm guessing an estate sale with the people selling not knowing what they have and making no effort to rectify that. Every time Pops bought something he told the little lady, "don't worry, it's investment, will be worth a fortune one day"

Sigh, someone is going to be dissapointed

There are commercial units that have been produced (mostly for military and remote locations) and that are very expensive and extremely well set up.

Do your research not understanding equipment you'll come up with this mistaken price, unfortunately those that know what's in there will have a laugh.

So....:p

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Setting the ridiculous price aside, it's a really cool idea. I love it. If we ever have to sell the farm, I could park a seatainer in the driveway, run some big cables into it, and have an awesome shop I can take with me to the old age home.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hell, it'd make a great mausoleum!!:p

Wow...... What an amazing idea! I could actually take it all with me and save my wife the trouble of having to sell all my crap!

Edit - told my wife. She said we would need a hundred of them. One for each hobby...... :rolleyes:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
This was listed many months ago but I don't recall it being that expensive??
If I had $120 thousand to spend on a machine shop I think I could come up with something better.

Agreed. I just like the idea of a Shop in a SeaCan. Love the idea of turning it into a mausoleum too! Time to run if you ever hear shop noises in there.... Especially an air compressor. I always wanted to watch one of those blow up upclose and personal. Nothing to lose on my end. Just like spreading bones instead of ashes.

Everett

Super User
Believe it or not, I've been in that sea can once, in August 2021. The fellow has a farm outside Stony Plain and is some form of millwright or industrial machinist. He used to use this as a mobile shop at plant shutdowns and such as a portable machine shop for that sort of work. I thought it was a cool idea too, but wasn't about to buy it at that point. I was out at his farm picking up my hydraulic floor crane from him that I bought at the auction where he listed it. Pickup location was his farm and he showed me some of his other goodies while I was there. Older fellow, very pleasant, his name is Jim. My suspicion is that he's trying to clean up and sell the place, but I agree that $120k is asking a bit much.