• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Collet Box

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Early on in COVID I built a table saw sled to cut box joints. After making a couple of simple boxes, it was time to make one to store my 3C collet set. This was the first one with an actual lid.
56D784BF-C445-49EC-95F9-71F0EC22BEE0.jpeg 91E6B301-E724-40BD-AD5B-E7E8D5CD1BA1.jpeg

Early on in COVID I built a table saw sled to cut box joints. After making a couple of simple boxes, it was time to make one to store my 3C collet set. This was the first one with an actual lid.

Beautiful! I need to get to work and make some stuff like that for my shop too. Almost certainly won't look as good as that though.

trlvn

Ultra Member
Walnut, right? Next we need to get you on to hand-cut dovetails!

Craig
(Who hasn't hand-cut a dovetail in far too many years.)

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Walnut?????? is that a stainless alloy? LOL
I did something similar for my small dies and handle only I cheaped out and used oak and cherry with a slide lid.

Attachments

• P1010715.JPG
    P1010715.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010714.JPG
    P1010714.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 20

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ok I get jealous of most everyone's awesome metal working skills on this forum but now you have to top it off with awesome WOOD working abilities too!?
Nice job.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
@YotaBota nice job. I’ll have to try a sliding lid. Now that I know how to make boxes, I’m like the guy with a hammer so everything looks like a nail; for me everything needs a box. LOL
I have a lifetime supply of walnut cutoffs so everything needs to be walnut.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Ok I get jealous of most everyone's awesome metal working skills on this forum but now you have to top it off with awesome WOOD working abilities too!?
Nice job.

@DPittman the trick is to show off your wood stuff on a metal forum and your metal stuff on a wood forum. That way their less likely to notice your goof ups.

boilerhouse

Ultra Member
I made something similar at Christmas for my wife's fine cutlery. Made it out of old barn boards, but my wife doesn't seem to like it and won't use it. Maybe I should transition it to hold lathe tools. LOL.

Attachments

• box closed.jpg
    box closed.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 34
  • box opened.jpg
    box opened.jpg
    586.7 KB · Views: 33

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Did you ever post the table saw sled?