Colchester Chipmaster

L98Fiero

Does anyone have an idea what a Colchester Chipmaster is worth? I'm asking for someone else and after a quick look at it, the ways look very good, it has no chucks, the variator is not just not functional but totally missing and was replaces with a 575V 3 phase motor with a VFD. I didn't check the serial number so don't know what year or version it is. and not being familiar with the lathes, I don't know if there is a difference between versions but this one looks like it has a D1-3 spindle nose. The machine is located north of Toronto.

That-Guy

Premium Member
I'd say that its worth what someone is willing to pay, and in my case I wouldn't go a Nickle over 1000$. The kit required to get going will double the price. They are a nice sturdy machine. They can definitely do some fine work.
As for the 575v VFD drive, that requires 3 phase 550-600v in, don't confuse them with the low voltage units that can make polyphase outta single. Depending on what power the shop is equipped with this may be a deal breaker, or a big bargaining chip?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well, I have a working and functional chipmaster. You would need to provide more pictures to figure out what it is worth and also where it is located.